The Do’s and Don’ts of Being an Online Personal Trainer
If you are considering the FFC online personal trainers course it is essential for you to understand the things you are expected to do or not supposed to do as fitness professional. You must realize that like any other profession, a high level of professionalism is expected from you.
There are some norms that you need to follow to be accepted as professional fitness trainer. Before getting a online personal trainer courses in Europe, you must know things you must do or must not do in terms of professionalism. Dangerously Fit Personal Training has more to cover on this topic.
Things You Must Do
- Get a professional portfolio done. Professional pictures go a long way as effective marketing tools.
- Always try to follow what you preach. Be fit and healthy. Ideally you should possess a physique and personality that should inspire others to stick to strict fitness regimen.
- Pay attention to your personal hygiene along with health.
- You must adhere to client confidentiality guidelines prevalent in healthcare. Always respect your client’s confidentiality, and it is vital to keep all health information of your client private.
- You must evaluate your client’s unique requirements and determine a personalized fitness plan in terms of his health, level of fitness and goals.
- Learn to concentrate on what the client is trying to tell you. Keep all channels of communication open between the two of you. Understand and focus on what the client is asking for.
- Try to provide positive experiences so that the client is enticed to come back to you. Help the client learn the exercise program that he should be doing regularly. Repeat clients are good for your business and goodwill.
- You must focus your time, energy and attention on your client, while he is trying to learn the fitness tricks. Never let the client feel neglected during the training classes. Pay full attention to what the client is doing and help him every step of the way. Do not take calls and waste time talking and ignoring your client’s needs.
- Sharpen your skills and polish your knowledge to be accepted and acknowledged as an authority in the healthcare industry.
- Always follow work ethics and dictates. Function within the accepted scope of practice. Keep in mind the legitimacy of a situation.
- Keep yourself abreast with the latest techniques and fitness tools. You need to update yourself not just for renewing certification but to polish your knowledge and skills.
- Keep your equipment safely and properly organized so that they do not obstruct anyone’s way. Remember that you are not the only one using the premises.
- Always be punctual and try to arrive a few minutes before the scheduled class as that gives you enough time to get ready and get organized for the fitness session or class.
- Take extra care of newcomers and make them feel welcome by paying attention to them. Encourage the newcomers and see if they are progressing at the right pace.
- Remember to maintain two distinct social media accounts, one exclusively for your business and the other for your personal needs.
- Remember to put on your best behaviour, wherever you go at work or at the gym or even online. You are being judged all the time and you are constantly creating a profile, an image for yourself.
- Be polite to others in the profession and treat them with respect and dignity.
Things You Must Avoid
- Do not stick to same assessment techniques for every client. You must respond to unique requirements.
- You must not teach all clients in a similar way following the same techniques and tools for all your students. You should customize unique and personalized fitness plans for each and every client of yours as per specific goals and levels of fitness.
- Avoid talking too much and do not get distracted while listening to your client.
- Do not post client information on social media or websites or newsletters without prior written client consent.
- Do not stop learning or getting updated. The health and fitness scenario is an ever changing dynamic world and you cannot do without updated information.
- Do not concentrate on working out yourself while in a class. Teach your students, guide them how to go about doing things right.
- Do not embarrass anyone in a group class. Share corrective cues with the entire class.
You must keep all these dos and don’ts in mind if you are thinking of getting a FFC certification and being a successful fitness trainer.…